Saturday, February 28, 2009


When I met Dee I didn't like watching the news, I thought it was so negative and useless! However Dee taught me that it is important. I changed my attitude when he told me that a few days before 911, President Hinkley stressed to us that we needed to keep up with the news and what was going on around us. Since then I think I have payed more attention than Dee! So some of you may get tired of me talking about politics and you might have the same perspective I once did! Sometimes focusing on all the bad out there keeps us focused on the wrong feelings and ideas about life. Though there are some things out there that I believe we ought to be paying attention to. How are we going to help fight against the evils in the world if we stay shut out from the knowledge of thier existance. I don't know how kept up you are on what our president is doing, but today I learned of a program that is revolved around faith and this group for years has been helping those is prisons and jails to improve themselves by talking about thier faith in Christ. This program has been working and helping many, Bush pushed this movement forward, however Obama is starting to push this organization to leave faith and Christ out of the discussions. I've never in my life ever wanted to protest, but this event has just tempted the idea to. Another item I learned today was that Obama is also pushing to omit the rights of doctors to refus to give abortions. This will effect the lives of many. I can't see men of faith executing this. With all that is happening it is so refreshing to have hope and a knoweledge that those who are doing what is right will be taken care of by Heavenly Father. Tonite I was so happy to have watched a movie called fireproof. The movie was centered around the Heavenly Father. It's a movie that was made in the world, but was not part of it. There are still movies today that are made that are really good, though I admit they are rare and few. So for date night or FHE I invite you to rent it, it is so nice watch a movie that leaves you feeling really good. And also keep up on what's going on all around you.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

Thanks for the comments! I know, we are SO SO excited to go to Utah! Talmage and Eddie can have some fun playdates!!