Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our family summer vacation


I fished on the river and caught two fish!


Stanley's Sawtooth Mountains




On our way from McCall to Stanley

For our family summer trip Dee and I went up to McCall and stayed in some cabins. After a few days in McCall, we headed over to Stanley and stayed in a cabin by the river. The trip up to McCall was very scenic, with huge pines and a river alongside the road. We ran into small towns on the way up. I really liked the idea of getting away from everything for a few days. When we arrived at our cabins in McCall I was in for a few little surprises. For one thing there was no air conditioning, outside it was 90 and inside it was a 110. The other little surprise was that there were spiders every second here and there, when I put Eddie down to play a spider went chasing him around the room. The cabin was the size of a small kitchen. Despite our cabin we managed to have a good time in McCall. We went swimming in the Lake across the street, and then went for a really nice long scenic drive along the Lake up to a living ghost town. We stayed in McCall for two nights and then took off for Stanley. At this point I was really glad we took the trip. The drive to Stanley was really beautiful. The Pine tree's were HUGE, and the view was breathtaking. Our cabin in Stanley was so nice. It had a nice size kitchen and dining area along with a living room and a separate room to sleep and a bathroom. The cabin was right by the river. That night we popped popcorn and sat down to The Man from Snowy River. Later when it was really dark outside we went out to see the stars, this was just the vacation we needed.

2 comments:

THE JACKSONS said...

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKK! I'm not sure I would have liked the spider thing myself! Good for you for sticking it out! The second cabin sounds delightful though! I love the McCall area, it is so beautiful!

Chellayne said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Glad you were able to go and have fun.